Followers

Sunday 22 August 2010

Butterflies.....

Hi all, it's time for another challenge card.  I love butterflies and this is what I've come up with today.  I was aiming for a simple yet elegant look and I think this has turned out just beautiful. 

It was really easy to put together, I punched the butterfly and added some sparkly glitter to the top of the wings.  Then I got some cream card stock to mount my papers onto.  The papers are Papermania Signature, Chatsworth vintage collection, they have a linen texture, very swish.  I have plowed through my paper stacks and pulled out the ones I haven't used for a while, this was one of the stacks.  Where the papers come together I added some cream silk ribbon.  The sentiment is from one of my forever friends stamps.  I added 3 aqua gems to the butterfly to finish the look.  I think this card would also work nicely for some invitations....



A close up of the butterfly

I have entered this card into:

Crafty Creations: #81 Butterflies
Charisma Cardz: #33 Die cuts
Polka Doodles: #33 Vintage Style
Craft Your Days Away: #2 Wings


Come and play along with us xx

11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful...I love the simple clean lines! Great butterfly too! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, love the CAS look.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly is beautiful! I like the pattern papers you used to make this card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really elegant card, thank you for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week and good luck.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely to see your work at Crafty Creations Challenge! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (guest designer)

    **I've got some polka-dots candy on my blog, feel free to take a look**

    ReplyDelete
  6. well this is just lovely! fab fab card! thank you for playing along with us at polka doodles x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty! Love the bottom paper and that butterfly punch is awesome! Thanks for joining us at FBW this week - keep fluttering :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for joining us at CYDA and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x
    www.craftyemmasstore.co.uk
    http://ceschallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Vintage project - thanks for playing along this week at Polkadoodles! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely elegant card. Thanks for joining us this week at CYDA. Good luck.

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete