Followers

Saturday 14 August 2010

More eye candy....

Hiya again, so ready for some more eye candy? Yea I thought so...

So this pretty little card is inspired by very talented Maria Bell. Her work is just so amazing, the pale yellow flower is the left overs from one of her free svg files, check out the link below to see what I mean, I actually made the card shown on the tutorial also but don't have a pic, sorry. I will make another soon and post it. To make your own card, check this tutorial out. I cut the flower using Maria's SVG file and my adored Cricut Expression. Isn't this just a great bit of kit?


This stamp is so cute, it is from Little Claire designs. We got married last year, it was such a special few days. I'm Indian and my husband is mixed race so we had 2 weddings lol... how lucky am I? And 2 dresses too....

Anyway back to the card. Again this was coloured using my beloved promarkers. The sentiment is just a peel off, as are the hearts. Although you can't see this in the photo, there is glitter around the image on the confetti. The card was put through the cuttlebug using the d'vine swirls folder. This folder is so popular, I waited weeks for this, but it was so worth the wait.

Oh who doesn't like cakes? Anyone? I didn't think so. I love these stamps, it is a pack of different cup cakes from Kanban, yummyyyyyy.... I stamped the image using gold ink and the band is cut from some pretty polka dot dp, this and the ribbon is just from my stash. The sentiment is stamped from lilac pigment ink using a hero art stamp.


Little Anya, isn't she a cutie? Anya is one of the popular girlies from The Greeting Farm range of stamps. Here the main aim was to practise colouring hair using my promarkers, this image was perfect for me to try this with all that lovely hair. So the card is a little plain as I just wanted to try Anya in different coloured hair. What do you think of this? Does it look ok? I think it's a good attempt.


Another image from TGF. I love this card, it's got a lot of my lovely pink in it. And her blonde hair looks lovely I think, what do you think? The dp is 'My minds eye'



I have recently bought all the stamps I love from the 'Wild Rose Studio' collection. Dulcie is so creative, I love teddies so her range is great for me. Check out her range, she sells internationally so you should have access to them wherever you are. Anyway this is one of her girlie stamps. I made this card for a friend for her birthday, she is such a classy lass and loves her wine so this image was just perfect for her. I love the effect of the big bow. The border punch is Martha Stewart and the image is coloured using promarkers.



Having a baby is such a wonderful time in ones life. The main aspect to this card is the ribbon, I bought this a few years ago, I have a baby blue one also. I bought these with loads of ideas in mind but never used it until I made this card, I just love the way it turned out. I love how the little teddies and the paper all coordinate together.



This card was inspired from Mackenzie. Sorry Mackenzie, I hope you don't mind, my sister saw your card and asked me to make one for her friend. This is one of my absolute favourites but no credit to me, all to Mackenzie please. Here I tried Anya with black hair, but I found this hard as black is such a strong colour, Mackenzie did a great job with the copics but I was less daring with the black, she almost looks too grey lol... sorry Anya. Maybe this is easier with copics? Any ideas? Mackenzie used an embossed background, I used black and white polka dot dp from Papermania. I love how the card looks against my red rug...



This card is again a beauty. A friend bought the image for me so I am unsure where it is from, I will look it up when I get a minute. Isn't she so cute though? The border punch is Martha Stewart, I love this punch with all the butterflies, goes really well with this image I think. I love how the image came out with the promarkers, I used one of the passion for promarkers tutorials for this and it really helped. I don't have all the promarkers but I do have a lot so most colours are covered in my stash. If not, any excuse to get some more right?




Right that is me for today, I'm off to colour in some of the Christmas stamps I've recently bought from the 'wild rose studio' collection and the Christmas forever friends collection. I will post these as soon as I have finished making the cards.
We were supposed to be going to the Balloon Fiesta today, however the rain has kept us indoors, hey not so bad though as I finally took the plunge with the blog!!! Before I sign off I will add some of the blogs that I follow and get my inspiration from, please do add me to your followers list so we can keep in touch. Contact me with any questions if you have any or if you'd like more details/info.
Have a great Saturday xx

No comments:

Post a Comment