Followers

Monday 16 August 2010

My first Christmas card this year

Hi all, hope you had a nice Sunday and Monday. I sure did, finally getting some nice weather here again. Anyway you're thinking so where is this card? Well here you go, but before I show you, just to say I've had all the Wild Rose Studio Christmas stamps in now and I am so excited to use them, I just had to make a Christmas card and it's only August lol.... So I went through a few Christmas challenges and have made this to participate.

So here is cutie Milton with Poinsettia. I love how this card came out, I am trialing a few 'simple' designs that are easy to replicate for when the rush starts for Christmas cards. I find simple cards difficult sometimes but I love how this came out. I used the sketch on the ABC Christmas Challenge blog.


I coloured Milton with the Satin Promarker. The Poinsettia with the Ruby Promarker. The paper is from Papermania. It's really nice, double sided and really thick, so almost like card which gives the card a nice quality finish. I added a few gems to the corners to add a little sparkle. Let me know what you think.



This card had been entered into the following challenges:

ABC Christmas Challenge - Q for quick n easy
Christmas Stamping all year long - Challenge #60 designer paper
A spoon full of sugar - Challenge #117 Christmas
Stampavie and more - Challenge #104 Christmas in Summer
Creative Card Crew Challenge - Sparkle and Shine
My Time to Craft Challenge - #103 Glitter & Glitz
Craft your Passion - #19 Anything goes
Crafty Anns Challenge - #21 Christmas in August

Thanks for looking, I'd love to know what you think so please leave me a comment xx

24 comments:

  1. This is just plain adoreable. I lvoe your coloring. Are promarkers like Copics? You have a wonderful blog, I have become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so sweet.The papers are just pefect and super colouring.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, I love the image and your colouring is fab
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's,
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet card.. love those papers too.. Thank you for playing with us on the craft your passion challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore this! Love the layout and that image is adorable and beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Meera, beautifull colouring.
    Thanks for playing along with Creative Card Crew,
    hugs cherie,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little bear. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card and fabulous image!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at MTTC and the Creative Card Crew this week.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really gorgeous, Meera.
    Lovely layout and fab image and papers.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwwwww! soooooooooooooo cute! thank you so much for joining us at craft your passion!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable. The image is so sweet and I love those traditional Christmas colors. Wonderful job on the sparkle and shine challenge. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Creative Card Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet image and card! Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. just gorgeous I think Milton is fab...something else for my need list lol
    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week
    hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card - love the way you've co-ordinated the paper with the image!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice card. Love the layout

    ReplyDelete
  16. your card is really cute I love Milton he's just adorable can't believe we're thinking of christmas in august anyway feel free to take a look over at my blog everyone welcome I only got it started up just over a week ago so feel free http://cardsbyjacki.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card for the holidays!! Your papers are so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Stampin' All Year Long!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you decided to play along with us with your first Christmas card of the year. . .:) Your card is gorgeous! Love the mix of designer papers! You did a fabulous job with the designer paper challenge! Thank you for playing along with us at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! Hope you'll play along with us again in this week's challenge!

    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Meera :-) I love Milton ,, soo cute and the papers and colous you used are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the image and the dp used. Thanks for joining in with us on ABC Christmas Challenge

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi gorgeous card and cute bear, thanks for playing at SAM.
    Hugs Kaylou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. cute teddy on your quick and easy Christmas card! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is the first time I have done a sketch for a challenge, thanks for using it! and on makingyour first christmas card this year too! thanks for joining in the fun, Samantha ABC Christmas Challenge :0)

    ReplyDelete