Followers

Sunday 9 January 2011

An Accordion file project

Hi Guys,



Poorly old me has spent most of the weekend in bed or in my new craft room. Hubby and I spent hours before Christmas cleaning and sprucing up my spare room into a guest/office/craft room. With all the hard work that went into it, I thought I better use it before he changes his mind and decides to turn it into a man's room again lol. I won't go into the details but I bet you can guess what I mean. Anyways one of my New Years resolutions was to try other methods of paper crafting-not just cards. So today I have made an accordion file. I have never made anything like this before so was really pleased with the way it turned out.



This is how it looks on the outside




And this is the inside, lots of storage space.


I have a habit of inking up images and colouring them in while I watch TV etc, so decided to use this to store images in. But I am sure you can find plenty of things to to with it. The size of this file is 4x6', for a tutorial on how to make this really simple project please visit the oh so talented Maria Bell. Also if you are interested, I have been playing around with the dimensions so if you would like to know how to make a larger file, visit me near to the end of the month where I will share this with you as partof one of my DT projects.


Challenges:


Fab 'n' Funky - #54 Anything Goes


Lady Bug Crafts Ink - #9 Anything Goes


Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes


Paper Sundaes - #51 Circles


Creative Inspirations - #50 Something New (new project I have never tried before)


Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I'm off to spend some time with the hubby now before he thinks I've neglected him in my craft room lol xx

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful accordian file, this is something I keep meaning to have a go at making but never seem to find the time. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hope to see you again next time. Good luck! Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely brilliant accordion file, I have made several of these and they are super for stamped images, I love the colours you have used thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fantastic Meera, I love how you made the front look like a button. Thanks for sharing with us at LCI this week. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab idea a crafter always needs storage thanks for joining us at papertake weekly
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the little box file - what great ides.. so useful
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this time.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous love the colours,thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project, I look forward to seeing your demo on how to make one of these. Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week with your lovely work.
    Hugs
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great file box could definitely use one of them for my stamped images! Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge this week.
    Jenni x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely box. And very useful. Great work!
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Sundaes.
    Hugs, Karina

    ReplyDelete